Pryor went to preschool today for a whole hour. woo-woo. Not sure what exactly I was supposed to do with all 60 minutes. Actually, by the time I dropped him off and got to my car, I really only had 40 minutes until it was time to pick him up.
This was his first day (sort of) not only because it was just an hour, but last week I went to the class with him for an hour. On this Wednesday he goes again for an hour. Next Monday he goes for an hour and a half. So, it is not until next Wednesday that he will go for the full 2 1/2 hours. Good grief! Let's just get on with it already.
I knew the teachers were pretty adamant about the drop off policy. They handed out a full sheet of instructions: no carrying the child, do not let them see you stay, etc. Pryor (having previously been in school) would have no problems I knew. Yet it was disconcerting to have his teacher meet me at the door, grab his backpack, then close the door. I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye. He turned around and I waved to him through the glass. He was unfazed -he was off playing with some "carssss and trucksssss."
I ended up having a fabulous 40 minutes going to a really cute gift shop near by, then grabbing a cup of hot chocolate. The Pittsburgh paper is pretty good - I sat there and only got through the first section by the time it was time to go.
Pryor was incredibly adorable when I went to pick him up. The teachers have the children sitting at the little teeny, tiny table in their teeny, tiny chairs. He was wearing his backpack, sitting in this little chair - it was the cutest thing ever!! I'll try to get a picture to post it.
He had a great time and the school seems really good. One of the moms is organizing a Moms Night Out at a restaurant on this Thursday night - so that should be pretty fun. I don't have time now, but I'll write later about Grady and Alice not being on the bus again this afternoon. Good grief!
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment