Our school had an open house tonight for grades 1-5. We all went to Grady's classroom and met his teacher Mrs. Fisher. His desk is in a group of five desks. We met his next desk mate, Piper. She told her parents that Grady kept showing her the back of his folder to point out where the state of Tennessee is. She told her mom, "Mom, I know where it is."
He had done a picture that showed Daddy, Mama, Grady and Alice - I guess Pryor wasn't there that day! HA! He had a nice journal with some pictures in it. One of the books was: What I learn from my friends. His picture was: I learned how to spy from my friend Evan. His drawing had lots of boys in it - they had either a G or an E on their shirts. It was pretty cute.
He and Alice loved showing us all around the school. We met the Visual Arts teacher (not to be confused with the Creative Arts teacher who wasn't there,) and the Music teacher. We also met the guidance counselor who is in charge of the New Student Club which meets for the first 4 Fridays of the school year. It's amazing what state income taxes can do!
One interesting thing about their classes. In Alice's class - I think there are 18 children - only 5 girls. In Grady's class, I'm not sure how many total children but I counted only 7 boys. Definitely more girls than boys. I wish they were in the opposite classes!
As we were leaving, we saw another little boy in Grady's class. It's one of the boys that Grady talks about so I introduced myself to the Mom to trade numbers. Well, we discovered that her daughter is in Kindergarten (a different teacher) and her other son is two years old. The ULTIMATE play date - one for each child! The right boy/girl/boy ratio! Incredible! I'll definitely be calling her!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment