Saturday, September 6, 2008

If it's Saturday then there must be a festival

We have attended a festival of some sort during the past two weekends which would be both weekends we have been in PA.

Today we went to the Ligonier Highland Games at Idlewild Park about 45 minutes away. It is a huge Scottish festival with bagpipes, sheep herding, hammer throwing and Scottish dancing & singing. We checked out the Sutherland clan tent in the Clan area and found the representative very nice.

The children had a blast at the children's games. I actually ran into a woman who I knew from Knoxville - Patti Peet. She was a neighbor for a little over a year, then moved to Philadelphia where they have lived for the last 5 years. Her husband's uncle is the head organizer of the games and they have come and helped at the event for years. We traded email addresses and said we'd see each other next year! Crazy!

After we came home and put Pryor in bed, we all took a rest. Then, since I'm a glutton for punishment, I took Grady and Alice to ANOTHER festival down the street at a huge church. They had 15 inflatables, bands, fire trucks, carnival games, food booths and a bmx bike show. We could have stayed for hours!

Needless to say -I'm pooped!

1 comment:

aunt kathy said...

Sooo glad that you started this. It will be so good to be able to keep up with you all. I hope you will add pictures of the your house and schools as well as the little ones soon so that when I think of you ---which is often---I will be able to picture you! My love to all!