Friday, September 19, 2008

I didn't want you to let me sleep!

Alice is the child who is having the hardest time with our move. Yesterday and again today she said she wants to go "home" and be with her friends.

Both Grady and Alice went to a church function last night called Powered Up. It's for K-5th graders and they do singing, games, snack, etc. The first one was last night and they had a moonwalk inflated in the sanctuary! (They took out several rows of seats.)

Well, since they had gotten to bed late two nights in a row, I decided I would just drive them to school and let them sleep as late as they could. Grady slept till 7:45 AM which is pretty late for him. He's normally up at 7. Alice, on the other hand, didn't get up till 8:30! They would normally be getting on the bus at 8:30. I tried to help her get ready with as much sunshine and pleasantness as I could muster. She just continued her rant - I hate school. I don't want to go to school. I didn't want you to let me sleep!

2 comments:

Alice said...

Love the blog and love having an update on our favorite PA family! Lucy was so happy to get a note in the mail from Alice. We'll write soon. Tell her Lucy loves her. We'll keep praying for the transition (Lucy prays for her often "Alice, but not Mommy"). Take care!
Alice

walt said...

We really enjoyed reading all about the Arnolds PA life. Thanks for the great pictures. The teachers look really nice.Sounds like you are "doing" Pittsburg. How interesting about your family friends that are all about the same age as Grady, Alice, and Pryor.What a trouper to have six kids at once. Love, Mary Alice, Maggie, Walt, and Bruce