Tuesday, September 9, 2008

No Arnold children on the bus!

Well, some may know that Grady did not arrive home on the bus for the first day of school. Two issues: 1. We are zoned for one elementary school (Heritage) but attend the other elementary (Newlonsburg) right next door. So the bus picks up all the children at Heritage and then comes to Newlonsburg. 2. I drove Grady to school on the first day of school.

When I go to the bus stop that afternoon, all the children get off the bus - but Grady doesn't. I talked to the driver who thought since he didn't get on the bus in the morning that he wasn't there yet. Fortunately, Grady was with the principal the whole time. He had a snack and could have cared less about the whole thing. I drove to school to pick him up.

Fast forward two weeks: Pryor and I are waiting for Alice and Grady to get off the bus. Again, all the children get off but no Arnold children on the bus! I asked the neighborhood children - who said that the substitute driver did not go to Newlonsburg to pick up the children (who with the kindergartners total 4 or 5!) The bus company sent a van to pick them up and brought them back to the bus stop. Again, the children were unfazed but...

Good grief!!

No comments: