I am going to weigh 500 pounds by the end of the first year we live here!
There are so many places to buy desserts - and I seem to have found all of them! Down the street is Schram's, a local farm which has good produce - but who cares about fruits and vegetables when they also have a bakery! This bakery is where I first discovered chocolate gobs: imagine a big cookie made out of cake, multiply by two and with icing in the middle. It's a cake cookie. I even saw they had chocolate gobs at Sam's. From Schram's we have also had: cheesecake, apple dumplings, cookies and birthday cake - all of which were excellent!
We've only eaten out at a few restaurants but I already know which places I want to go back to: Dick's Diner for awesome Boston Cream Pie and the Lamplighter for their pies.
Today I found out about a farmer's market in Export which is a little community 2 minutes away. It was more like a farmer's bakery: one booth had breads, one had all kinds of cookies/brownies, one with apple pies, apple dumplings and we walked away with huge home made doughnuts! Incredible! I told the children we couldn't go there every week - this was just a special treat.
It certainly was!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment