Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
We had an unpleasant surprise - Grady got the stomach flu Wednesday night! He ended up feeling better by lunch but still didn't eat much.
Stephen's parents arrived Thursday afternoon while I was in mid-meal preparation. Patti brought a bunch of sides and I did the turkey, dressing and both potatoes. The Oeders, family friends who live nearby, were unexpectedly unable to join us so we had enough food to feed the masses!
I got a fresh turkey from the local farm and reserved a 19 pound turkey since I wanted to be sure to have leftovers. Well, I guess they were all really big this year and I ended up bringing home a 21 pounder!! We ate it all weekend, gave some to the Oeders, made turkey soup and just put some leftovers into the freezer!
We had a great time with the Arnolds: hit the mall early Friday morning, cut down our own Christmas tree Friday afternoon and went downtown to the Macy's Pittsburgh Thanksgiving Day Parade on Saturday morning. I'll post pictures of that later. They babysat for us Saturday night so we could go downtown and see Spamalot. It was excellent!!
The rest of the story is that Patti ended up with the stomach flu Saturday night, so she was out of commission on Sunday! So sad! We ended up going back to the Science museum with out them just to give the Arnolds some space. I've got some good pics I'll post later.
It was the first day of deer hunting today so the children had the day off of school. Of course! We actually had a very pleasant day and the children enjoyed watching White Christmas for the second time in two days. Gotta love Christmas movies!
No comments:
Post a Comment