We decorated the tree while the Arnold's were here over Thanksgiving. We had a great time cutting it down and putting up the ornaments.
This year, I'd say the children did over half of the ornaments. Since I'm a big-time control freak when it comes to my Christmas tree, it was an incredible release and act of love for my children that I let them hang so many. I didn't even re-hang that many - ha ha! This tree is so much smaller than our ones in years past that there were many ornaments that are still in their boxes.
Stephen's Aunt Kathy gave us this singing, jingling snowman and barking dog several years ago. It is one of the children's favorite Christmas decorations! Pryor "discovered" it this year and loves it so he is into hugging it while it plays. He laughs and laughs!
Grady and Alice had "Holiday Shoppe" at school today. The PTO buys items from the Dollar Store for $0.90 and sells it to the children for $1 as a little fund raiser for the children. I gave each of them $5 to get things for our family. Well, they both were so excited - and it was really cute to see what they bought! I won't give away the surprise but suffice it to say they loved the whole experience. When they got home they wrapped them and put name tags on them. They carefully put them under the tree - they thought they were so big! I thought Holiday Shoppe would be a waste of time and money - but the experience has been great for the children!
No comments:
Post a Comment