Friday, March 20, 2009

A Visit with Friends


A couple of weekends ago, some dear friends of ours from when we lived in Los Angeles visited us here in Pittsburgh! We visited them a year ago where they currently live in Tuscon, AZ. (A very nice place to visit!) I couldn't believe when they told us they were going to visit us here in March! Luckily for them, we had the nicest weather of the year that weekend. It was sunny and in the 50/60s the whole time.
They stayed downtown at the Renaissance Hotel. Stephen and I were able to get a cheap rate to stay down there too on Friday night. This was all made possible since my niece, Amy Lyon, who attends Dennison University in OH, was able and willing to come babysit for us! I left late in the afternoon on Friday, and Stephen came back Saturday morning with Adam for the day. The picture above shows the view of the baseball stadium and a bridge from our awesome hotel room!

Amy and Adam lucked out with the beautiful weather. We were so thankful they came to visit.
Adam and Stephen took the children out for a picnic lunch at the park on Saturday. They had a great time - and I'm not sure who had more fun - the children or the adults! After baths and dinner, Adam and Stephen met us back downtown for another fun evening!
Amy headed back to school after church on Sunday (see picture above.) The children LOVED being with her. It was a super special treat for them and an incredible blessing for us to have a night away! This was the first time the children have stayed with someone else other than a grandparent!
I'll post some pictures later of when we took them ice skating on Sunday afternoon.

1 comment:

Anney said...

How is Amy Lyon liking Dennison?