Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bowling at Powered Up!

Our church has a youth program for K-5th graders on Thursday evenings called Powered Up! They go, eat dinner, do a craft, sing songs, play games and memorize scripture. My children LOVE it!

A couple of weeks ago, Powered Up met at the local bowling alley for a fun evening. The children had a fabulous time. Since I was there, Pryor was able to stay, too.
They loved being able to bowl, but I think the pizza and cake were high on the list too.
I didn't get a picture of Grady or Pryor bowling - but you get the idea. The whole bowling alley was five lanes, so we were able to rent out the whole place.
Between the bowling balls and the ball return machine, I thought for sure Pryor would break a finger or some bone during the evening. He normally cries after we drop of G & A at Powered Up - so he was so happy he could come too.
This night Grady had 2 pieces of pizza, Alice had 3 and Pryor had 5! Yes, five regular, grown-up size pieces and ate all but the very end of the crust. Everyone there was pretty impressed.
Powered Up will be ending for the year some time soon and I think my children will go into a state of decline. They love it, and I love them having such a good time!

No comments: