Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Soccer Clinic

I signed up Grady for a soccer clinic. It was a "first email-first serve" type thing, and I was one of 12 parents to get their children in the clinic. I was thrilled! The regular season starts first of April, and this clinic is once a week for the four weeks of March.

I picked him up after the hour long practice last night and noticed half his face was red. One of the moms said a ball had ricocheted off one little boy and onto Grady's face! She said he managed it well and didn't cry at all.

He had a fabulous time and I am thrilled he is getting the extra practice. This is what we are supposed to be "working on" this week: headers upwards (good grief!), juggling (where you bounce the ball) on the thigh and top of laces, and dribbling the ball. Yikes! This coach means business.

Grady said he is the best at getting out of the pack. (I guess the coach said this.) He also scored a goal in the scrimmages they had. He had a wonderful time!

No comments: