Monday, March 16, 2009

GrandPatti visits


She actually visited a few weeks ago but I have been so out of it I just haven't had the chance to download pictures. (Last week I had 2 sick children.) The whole time she was here I was sick as a dog. I was supposed to go to a girl's night out on the Friday but ended up staying home instead.
She came on Friday and left Monday afternoon. We all had a wonderful time. We went down to the children's museum on Sunday afternoon. They all went out (while I rested) for a hike at the nature preserve. They even went out for breakfast at the Eat N Park (think: one step above Denny's). I think Stephen was glad to have the company since I was pretty out of it.
Poor Patti! We were going to go out shopping on Monday morning while Pryor was at school. Well, we get to the parking lot of his school and he starts coughing this completely croup-y cough! So, I ended up getting an appointment that morning at the doctor's office. We got some medicine, and he ended up sounding horrible all week. I'm glad we got the medicine in him when we did. Good thing Patti didn't have high expectations - you never know what we'll be doing here.

One thing I am so glad she was able to do was to have lunch with each of the children at school. You have to call 24 hours in advance to let the school know you are coming. Good grief, they have a lot of rules at this school!

Grady and Alice were surprised and happy to see her at their school. I was glad because I'm not allowed to take Pryor with me to the school for lunch, so I've only had lunch with them once. In Knoxville, I used to take Pryor and Alice and we had lunch with Grady several times. It's funny how some things are so different.

No comments: