Saturday, October 18, 2008

Triple B Farm



Alice had her first field trip on Friday and I was able to find a sitter so I could go too. The bus drive was about an hour - but it was definitely worth it! Eight of the children in her class were out sick! So I had "all" of the girls - three - Alice and her friends, the twins, Michelle and Rachel.

When we pulled up there were 5 or 6 other school buses there but you never would have known it. They run this thing like the army! Each group has a guide who moves them from place to place. Our activities included: a hayride, time to play on the "playground" (see the barn picture below), lesson on bees by the wife of the farmer who used to be a kindergarten teacher (I learned a lot!), feeding the goats (the goat learned how to pull up the rope on a pulley which had the can attached with food inside - it was incredible), walking through pumpkin land which had hundreds of pumpkin "people" characters - every princess, super hero, nursery rhymes, the Grinch, Noah & the Ark, Moses just to name a few (see Veggie Tales picture below), and of course picking a pumpkin!
I didn't even mention the Liberty Tube slide! The hill must have been 100 feet high and the tube started at the top. These pictures don't do the slide justice to get the scope. I went down too and loved it!
Instead of having the children argue about who gets the biggest pumpkin, the farm only grows baking pumpkins which are smaller and all grow to be the same size. This place has it down pat.
Alice had a great time and wants to go again! I said we might have to save this for next year.

No comments: