Sunday, May 31, 2009

Memorial Day

Well, I am rapidly approaching the current day in my long backlog of photos! Phew! Just in time to get backlogged again during the summer!

Grady, as a Wolf cub, participated in the Export Memorial Day parade. He had an excellent time! We dropped off Grady and Stephen at the American Legion at 10:15 AM for a 10:45 parade. Well, evidently the school marching band (in FIVE school buses) didn't show up till 10:45! Oh well!

Meanwhile, Alice, Pryor and I are chomping at the bit for some to see! Finally the parade started and in a few minutes it was over. HA!
The Boy Scouts were one of the last groups to pass by. I took the above shot while they were still far away. You can see Stephen in a red shirt/navy hat behind these boys and Grady with a yellow hat and scarf just in front of him. I tried to get a video of them passing by but couldn't get it to work!
I gave the camera to Stephen and he took the above picture. Grady is in the middle - again with the yellow hat and scarf.
Unfortunately, I can't crop this picture as I'd love to get rid of my arm and leg off the side of an otherwise adorable picture! My photo software has a glitch and I can't crop photos. Technology!

Grady loved walking in the parade. Lots of people lined the street. It was a pretty big deal! Scouting has been a great activity for him this year.

No comments: