Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Pittsburgh Children's Museum Part 2

Well - there are still so many pictures I want to post - I'll do at least one other post tomorrow or maybe more. Right after I posted the last blog, I got the stomach flu! So, I've been down and out. I was at a MOPS meeting on Friday morning, and 6 women (that I know of) got the bug (or food poisoning - who knows?) this past weekend. Crazy!
Back to the museum: after the water table room, we went into the area known as The Garage. There they have a wood shop and were having wood working participation.
The helper was so patient and show Grady just what to do. Grady decided to make a sail boat. He did everything himself. He LOVED it!

I'm sure I should remember the name of this tool from 8th Grade shop - but I don't. He used this to smooth out the bottom of his "boat."

Here he drilled a hole for the mast. They had all kinds of tools the children could use - even saws.

The final product! We haven't checked to see if it is seaworthy yet - maybe we'll take it this summer to Kiawah!

Alice, not to be outdone, made a "person" by drilling holes for eyes, nose and mouth and screwed screws in. She had a great time, too. If only her headband would stay on her head!

1 comment:

AnneR said...

The tool is a plane!