We went to Hidden Valley Resort this past Saturday which is only about 45 minutes from our house! I think it ended up being in the mid-50's by noon, so we were really sweating in all our gear!
The hill for the tubing seemed to be small, till I went down on my own tube. Whew! It was super fun! Grady decided he wanted to go with an adult because he didn't want to end up sliding downhill backwards.
You get a lift ticket for a two hour time span. The first run of the day is a 10 AM -12 PM shift and we were there right on time and were able to go for the full two hours. They eventually opened up the other lift and used up all the tubes they had. I guess that's how they do crowd management. It was pretty neat.
You have to be at least 4 to go because they don't allow doubles down the hill. Each person has to be in their own tube. Pryor for the most part played very nicely at the end of the run with the shovel and bucket I had brought for that purpose. Then he stayed closer in and watched with one of us while the other one went down the hill with the older children.
Here's a video of Alice tubing down the hill. She got tired of all the pictures so you can see her turning away from the camera. Nice. Can't wait till she's a teenager!
Here's a video of Grady and me tubing down together. We're each holding on to the other's handles. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a video of Stephen - but I think you get the idea!
2 comments:
Next winter I am TOTALLY road tripping to Pittsburgh to have a turn on that hill!!!
What fun!!
Post a Comment