So far, we had a two hour delay on Tuesday, a school cancellation yesterday, and another two hour delay today. Needless to say, we are all going a little stir crazy!
You would thing yesterday's snow day would be fun - we could go sledding or make a snow man. Ummm, no. It poured down rain at 34 degrees, then turned into freezing rain, sleet and then snow. There is a layer of ice everywhere! The craziest part was the thunder - one big long thunder, about ten seconds long. A friend of mine said she even saw the lightning!
You would think that might deter our plans for last night, but no. We are becoming like true natives! No mere layer of ice on the road could keep us from an NHL Penguins game! And the fact that Stephen got corporate box seats with a parking pass didn't hurt either! We had a great time and made it uneventfully both to and from.
This morning, in between the screams of the children (Alice: I will be so glad to go so school so I don't have to hear you (Grady) talk anymore,) I thought it might be a good idea to have a change of pace. I invited our friends over and we had a wonderful playdate all before school started after 11 AM! Now if there is another two hour delay tomorrow, I think you all may have to check on me as I may be on the ceiling!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So, are you guys all set for the Superbowl? We're in the process of getting ready to host our party tomorrow - with coordinating cookies! And Chris was finally inspired enough to install a doorbell. Key for when company comes over, don't ya thing?
Post a Comment