Saturday afternoon, we sacrificed Pryor's afternoon nap and went to the Carnegie Natural History Museum. This is the one that has the dinosaurs and stuffed animals (for lack of a better phrase.)
They had children's activities in almost every area. They have teen docents who manage a push cart piled with items the children can touch. Most of the teens just sat and stared at us - but they were able to answer our questions.
The children got to touch all kinds of dinosaur bones, fur and even an elephant's ear! At one cart, they had all sorts of bugs, including a live Madagascar hissing beetle. I was proud of Grady - he petted it.
The Carnegie Art museum is attached to the Natural History museum, so we made a quick tour. When I say "quick", I mean "lightening fast" since by this point Pryor was finished with museums and tired to boot. I don't think screaming children are meant to stay in an art gallery for very long!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment