Well, if you can believe it, I arrived home from our 2 month summer odyssey with Grady in an arm cast, and just tonight (5 days later) got back from the ER with Pryor in an arm cast. GOOD GRIEF!!
I have been hanging around the house yesterday and today because of Grady and his arm. Finally this afternoon, we headed off to the library but first made a quick trip to the playground. Big mistake! The children had a wonderful time, and right when we were getting ready to go, Pryor fell off some equipment and landed on his left arm. I could tell by the way he was holding his arm that it wasn't good.
We left straight away for the doctors office. Of course it was almost 5 PM by this point and they thought he needed a cast, so they sent me down to the ER of Children's Hospital. (The children's doctor's office doesn't put casts on anyway.) Fortunately, Stephen was nearby and I was able to leave Grady and Alice with him.
I was incredibly impressed with Children's (since I had so much experience from the ER a few days ago) and got in pretty easily. Got x-rays right away and saw the orthopedist fairly quickly (in hospital time.) He saw a hairline fracture in the arm, but not what was really hurting Pryor more towards his wrist. The Dr. said since Pryor is so young, the wrist is more cartilage and they are unable to see breaks there. The arm is broken in both places.
So, he put a full cast on the arm, up the elbow, since young ones can pull off a half cast. His cast is green - and I know when Grady wakes up tomorrow he'll be jealous (since his is just white.) We go to the orthopedist tomorrow for Grady, so he may be getting a new cast too!
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment