Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Word about Prayer

Well, I haven't been able to get my computer connected in order to upload pictures - so photos from Kiawah and beyond will just have to wait a bit longer.

A cute thing happened today that I thought you all would enjoy.

The children and I are visiting my parents for a couple of weeks. We were saying the blessing before dinner tonight, and my Mom and I watched Pryor as we sang the blessing (his choice was "Thank you, Jesus".) He had his head bent down with his eyes closed, but he looked over at my Dad (with *his* head bent and eyes closed.) I could just tell in his little head he was thinking, "I'm supposed to bend my head and close my eyes." So, he squeeze his eyes shut, and lower his head. Up, look at Granddaddy. See the closed eyes, lower head and squeeze eyes. He did this several times during the course of the 20 second blessing. It was adorable!

After it was over, he said to us, "I made my eyes dark" and poked his fingers in his eyes so we would know which body part he was discussing. So cute! Goodness!

No comments: