Saturday, September 19, 2009

New Teachers

We had Open House this last week and got to meet Grady's and Alice's teachers.
Mrs. Jockel has been teaching for many years and is a former Marine. She had the children do a sound off as they lined up for the door. If I had realized what they were going to do - I would have videoed it! It was pretty cute!
Mrs. Rich has been a great teacher for Alice so far. She works closely with the other first grade teacher (whom Grady had last year) so she is having a similar experience to Grady. He is *always* pointing out that he has already studied/learned/seen whatever Alice talks about first grade. Ah, siblings!
They had a book fair at the open house and you would have thought it was Christmas! The children were so excited about going to the book fair. In fact, Alice was in such expectation that she couldn't sleep the night before and was up at 6:45 AM that morning. I felt like telling them that we could get books at the book store any time they wanted - but didn't want to ruin their fun.

No comments: